Thursday, June 07, 2007

Things I'm Loving Right Now

1. My new printer. $49.99 at Best Buy. Although I'm not loving the $31.99 cord that I needed to connect it to my computer. Whatever.

New Printer

Pretty sharp, huh? But being the dumbass I am, I forgot to buy paper. That's kind of how things go around here sometimes.

2. Paperbackswap.com- I found this on Peaknit's blog. I've already shipped 2 books and I have 1 on the way. YAY! It's like a virtual library and all you have to do is ship the book. I ordered The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I'll get around to reading said book in 2009.

3. No classes tomorrow. YAY! Super big catch up day.

4. I found a carpool this week in my class. So now I only have to do the drive twice a week and I always have someone to gab with. Much better for my psyche.

5. I'm drinking a glass of sake from a mug. Classy is my middle name.

6. I'm currently the high bidder on 2 Palm TX's on ebay. At about $110 less than new, I'll be a happy camper. And if I end up with both, someone from my class will buy it from me. You might see the Handspring box in the bookcase by the printer. I forgot all about my old PDA. I tried to sync it today to the software I need and unfortunately, they aren't compatible. That would have been so awesome.

7. The people who comment on this blog. You guys don't even know how much your encouragement and good wishes mean to me. I got so many good suggestions on printers and ebay and pants. It really does mean the world to me. And even though we've never met, I'm glad we're friends.

9 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

Yay!! Awesome you're trying PBS - it rocks!! and I got Memory Keeper's Daughter thins week - great minds right?

What is with the damn million dollar cords for everything? Someone is making a lot off of cords dammit! Good luck on your ebay quest.

I'm glad we're friends too:) And I'm glad you made that soap too - I parted with a bar for my sister's birthday and she is complaining her husband is using it - cad! :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

It's 'nice' to hear the good and the bad about stuff!
Take the money issues one day at a time - you need the Palm for school so get it and then start working towards the dresser.
Sounds like your guy has the car all wrapped up for you.
I could help by buying your stash? Oh wait - that will put me int he same problem as you - delegating the funds.
Love reading and knowing you!

7:01 PM  
Blogger erin said...

Thanks for the paperback swap link I so have to check that out.

I'm absolutely loving my soap, by the way.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo! You have a printer. lol...papers easy to take care of. :~)
Hope you get at least one of the Palm's your bidding on. Good Luck!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They make money off of the cords, the ink, and the paper.

There's almost a 50% mark-up on usb cables. Which is why they're never packaged with printers or cameras any more.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I signed up for PBS, too, and I'm excited to get my first book!

Having a printer is so worth it. My best friend is a PA, and she uses her Palm constantly for medical reference. She told me it was some of the best money she has spent.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Cool printer! What a bargain too. Thank you for your comment on my blog, and good luck with the nursing ... I used to be one! :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Sake in a mug! Oh how I wish that we shared a coast!

10:16 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

ooooo, carpool! When you're not driving, you can knit!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home