Friday, June 08, 2007

I Won!

I won a Palm TX on ebay for about $100 less than retail. YAY!!!! There are a lot of extras included too. Cheap is the name of the game for the want list. Thank goodness I only won 1. For awhile I thought I'd have 2. Which probably wouldn't have been a big deal but still... The fewer hassles the better.

I'm not doing too well on holding off on my wants. Oh well. The yarn money has quickly turned into school money.

Unfortunately, the insurance company called today. The car's totaled. It's so weird to me because it's totally driveable. But the repairs are close to the value of the car. So now I'm car shopping too. Sigh. We were hoping to get through this year before buying new (used) cars. But the traffic gods were not on my side. And to add just another wrinkle, the man who hit me apparently gave me somewhat bad information and we may not be able to collect from his insurance. Perfect.

Anyone have a reliable used car they want to unload for around $4,500????? Craigslist and AutoTrader, here I come.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the Palm! Score one for Nell. :~)
I hope your car situation turns around. Things like that are so aggravating.

11:51 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Good luck with the car stuff, the same thing just happened to my sister! Glad the palm worked out though.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

That sucks about your car. But congrats on your prize!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Yikes - sorry about the bad information - did a cop come to the scene? The one time I was in an accident the cop who came had a photocopier in the squad car and copied all our insurance cards.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Ugh! that stinks about the car! I hope it works out.

9:12 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

my car's worth about $4500 and the helper person in me would love to sell it to you, but the other person says - work is a little far to walk. I will try to win one on something and then I could give you mine. Great about the palm!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home