Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No White Shoes Required!

I had a full day of orientation today. It was informative and a little overwhelming but good. I confirmed that all my ducks are in a row. All the paperwork is done and I'm ready to go. Going back to work tomorrow is going to be tough. I'm ready to move on.

Seriously though, I'm exhausted.

But the best part of the day, uniform clarification. White scrubs. But my shoes do NOT have to be all white!!!! I know it's an insignificant detail but I don't see myself as a white Croc girl. If you love your Crocs, please don't flame me. I'm too tired to defend myself. I'm sure they are very comfortable. But something about shoes you can clean in your dishwasher freaks me out. Although, I concede the ballerina flats they make are kind of cute.

I ran right out and bought new New Balance sneaks. They're white and navy with additional gel insoles. Probably still not my first choice but much better than the all white orthopedic shoes I was imagining. By the way, I bought size 11 men's shoes. I know New Balance run small but good grief! The Converse I had on were size 9 men's which is pretty typical.

On the knitting front, I'm about 1/2 way through the foot on my first magic loop sock. The Vesper Yarn is gorgeous and knitting up pretty quick. So hopefully I'll have good pictures for this weekend.

But for now, it's sleepy time.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger PurlingPirate said...

I'm with you on the crocs! I wish I could buy men's shoes. They are just too wide for me. Although it is getting easier to find women's in an 11! Good Luck at work today!

4:52 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I think the mary jane crocs are okay...but I'm with you - hosing off my shoes is not appealing!:) You have to give your thougths on the magic loop - as I futz away with my dopn's again - I have to think the magic loop or two circulatrs might be the way to go for plain ole stockinette?!

Good luck on your new journey!

5:18 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

I agree on the croc thing too...and to me that's right along with those cars that can be hosed off inside and out as well!

Congrats on the big step you're taking, and good luck! I am more than a little envious at the bravery it takes to make such a step. :)

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you slept well. :~)
Glad to here your shoe choices aren't so limited.

9:21 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

I think croc's are weird, too! They look like they'd make feet really, really stinky!
I love new balance sneaks! That's all my husband ever buys. I vacillate btw NB's and Nike

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home