Wednesday, May 02, 2007

New Toys

You may have heard about this new toy I've been playing with... Ravelry! It's an online knitting notebook. You can keep track of your stash, needles, projects, FO's, and everything other knitters are doing. Read more about it in this post from Freckle Girl Jess's blog. She and her husband created this awesome new website. I've been fortunate enough to be a beta tester and let me tell you... I love this website. It keeps track of everything I'm doing or want to do. No more scraps of paper and craft lists hanging around everywhere. Definitely check it out! (I have a couple of invites. So if you want to give it a whirl, let me know.)

Yarn Pirate opened her shop today! And, although I had technical difficulties at work, the shop is great and worked fine once I got home. (That'll teach me to shop online at work.) But really I want to say Congratulations to Georgia who has recently become a full time Yarn Pirate! I'm so excited that she can dye yarn full time and make a living. What more could you want??? Best wishes to one of my favorite Indie dyers!!

That's it for today. No pics. No yarn p0rn. I went to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday and I came home with a new filling. My old one actually came out when he poked it with that metal pointy thing! So today, my jaw's a little sore. Hopefully it's just sore from being messed with and no return trip is necessary.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Nell!

Glad you are enjoying it so far. :)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ravelry looks like it's going to be a great site to use. I'm interested if you still have invites. alreadycrzy at roadrunner dot com
I tested out Georgia's new site. I wasn't going to buy anything but then there was the Pretty Pirate and I couldn't resist. :~)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

How many of those Ravelry invites do you have around? One more for me? :) Thant's great news about Yarn Pirate! I'd better go see her site...

Sorry about your dental visit!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

D'oh! I'm valerie at wallisart dot com.

11:35 PM  
Blogger clumberknits said...

Thanks for coming over and commenting on my blog!

I'm sure you're out of invites now, but I signed up to be notified when they're open. Thanks for the info!

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home