Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Did It

I resigned. It was a tough day. But my boss took it pretty well. She was completely blindsided. Hopefully, tomorrow she'll be in a decent mood.

My old boss was extremely supportive. Thank goodness. She told me I had to do what was best for me. She's so wonderful and I'm really grateful for that. I hope to keep in contact with her. She's been an inspiration and so unbelievable supportive of me.

In certain ways I can't believe this is really happening. I've been going to night school for 3 years to complete all the pre-requisite classes for my program. For a long time, this has been a hypothetical situation. And now, it's very real. In 2 weeks, I'll be unemployed. It's scary. And also really, really exciting.

Thank you so much to Diana who commented that quitting and going back to school was the best thing she ever did. I needed to hear that. You don't know how much that helped.

Regularly scheduled yarn and knitting goodness to resume soon.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats...you got past a really tough spot. It doesn't matter who at work gets upset all that matters is that this is the right decision for you.

9:56 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Yay! You did it! Instead of settling and living a life of "what if?" You did it!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

You know, the best part of going back to school after being in the work force is how much a piece of cake it is. All these students moan and groan at how hard it is to go to a ten o'clock class and be done at noon. HA! Try getting up at 6:oo and working for 25 years! It's like a summer vacation ! Just enjoy it.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Carry said...

Wow!!! Way to go!!! I'm impressed and humbled. I haven't had the guts so far, though I did push a friend into it a year ago (she does, however, have a husband who can make it easier)

I keep saying I will do this...I really hope I can...if nothing else as soon as we're more settled financially and otherwise I will go back part-time...

You are an absolute inspiration!

8:40 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Good for you! When I told my boss I was giving her my two weeks, she said, "Well that's awfully short notice!" Then she took me off the schedule for the whole two weeks out of spite. Best decision I ever made!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I was a young snot in college, I remember really admiring the women who came back for a degree (or another one). It's not the easiest decision to make, so kudos and best wishes!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Congratulations! I've done this before (the resigning part) and know how stressful that can be.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home