Sunday, May 06, 2007

Goals Update- Week 18

There's more than the goals to talk about today. This is going to be long and picture heavy. Sorry 'bout that!

Friday was the mail day to end all mail days. I received 3 (!) sock club packages and the new Interweave Knits. What a great way to start the weekend.

First, the Sunshine Sock Club.

Sunshine Yarn- April Package

The yarn is called Airy. And the pattern looks like cloud wisps! Dani does a great job of changing up her colorways. Such a pretty blue.

Next, the Petals Collection from Sundara Yarn.

Sundara Yarn- April Package

It's called Dahlia and the color is amazing. I got a splotch of yellow in my skein to break up the orangey-red. I just love it. And isn't it cool how it looks just like the picture of the flower. Sundara certainly has a gift when it comes to color.

The first installment of the Yarntini Sock Club, which is run through Pure Knits, really delivered. At first I balked at the price of this club but this package was so fun to open. It never seemed to end!

Yarntini Club- April Package

The yarn is self striping in the Pure Breeze color. I love the two shades of blue playing off of each other. There's a project pouch from Misocrafty in the great Amy Butler fabric, stitch markers from Sarkasmo, SOAK wash in the aquae scent, lip gloss, and Lucy Neatby's book Cool Socks, Warm Feet. Now, I know this is the intro package and it has more swag than the next ones will. But what a way to start out.

The only problem I'm having is which yarn to cast on next!

And, I'm allowed to cast on because I have an FO! The Moorish Lattice Socks are finito!

Moorish Lattice Socks

Yes, my feet really are that big!

Moorish Lattice Socks- Done

Pattern: Moorish Lattice Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks. This book never lets me down. I've made 2 or 3 pair from here and they always fit perfectly.
Yarn: Fleece Artist Merino Sock- Blue Lagoon from The Loopy Ewe. Seriously, Sheri is the best. If you haven't bought yarn from here go now!
Needles:
Addi Bamboo DPN's in US#1
Mods: I couldn't do as many toe decreases as the pattern calls for because I was running out of yarn. But the socks fit just fine. So that wasn't a huge issue.

I love this yarn. The Fleece Artist is so soft and the colors melt together so well. I did notice that one sock is a lot greener and the other is more blue. But, since it's all one ball of yarn, I think it's the way the colors landed in the pattern. These might be my favorite socks so far!

OK- on to goals...

1. Knit from My Stash- I've been thinking about this. And since we all know I'll be more or less broke for the next year, I'm restarting the yarn diet when I start school. I've been basically ignoring the fact that I'm not supposed to be buying yarn that this goal has become almost a joke. So on May 29 there will be a new yarn diet with new rules pertaining to completion of school goals. Sound good? Good. Because I have one more skein of Yarntini headed my way and I don't want to be a cheater already.

2. Grad School- Classes start May 29.

3. Thin for Thirty- Again, I think this being broke thing is going to help. And not breaking up my workday with lots of snacks. I'm up to 32.6 on my Runagogo mileage. So I'm good on the exercise part. Just not the healthy eating part. Although, I did buy a Menu-Mailer from Saving Dinner.com. I think we might have a better chance of not living on cheese quesadillas if I get food prepared ahead of time. Big thank you to Miss Violet for the link to that one. Now I just have to go out and get all the stuff and assemble it. Maybe next weekend...

BTW- did you know Lime & Violet opened their own shop? Go over and get registered. The first update will be tomorrow.

4. Save Money- I'm good. YAY!


Last but not least, Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband! We were married 1 year ago today in San Francisco. I love you very much. We celebrated last night by going to a fancy restaurant to which my wonderful co-workers gave us a gift certificate as a wedding gift. The food was wonderful. The wine was very tasty. And the company was one in a million.

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I love getting packages, too - and I especially love the Dahlia socks colour.

11:22 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow! What a way to start a weekend with all those sock yarn packages! Love the yarntini into package... talk about some swag!!! So fun! Enjoy! Happy Anniversary too!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great packages!
My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary today, too! Happy Anniversary!

1:05 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Happy Anniversary! Yay!

I loved all of my packages...hmmm, didn't get the Sunshine one - maybe next round:) I have my yarntini already wound for some nice simple stockinette socks...zen. I was very pleased with the package too after really thinking on the price and should I do it...oh, hell, why not? :P

1:56 PM  
Blogger Nea said...

Happy Anniversary!

11:00 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Happy anniversary! What a great day to be a Mail checker! Just remember, if they don't see the stash come into the house, it doesn't exist!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!


Poppins (coveting the yarn...oh, the purty blues...)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm coveting your Yarntini package. Love the Moorish Lattice socks. Might need to make those soon.

5:03 AM  
Blogger YarnThing said...

I am so totally jealous of all the great sock yarn you have! The colors are wonderful and very vivid.
Really great stuff!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com

1:04 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Luscious, lovely yarn!

I don't get the Menu Mailer, but I bought her book (Saving Dinner) a couple of years ago. It really does save me. Deciding what to make is 3/4 of the battle for me.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home