Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The First Day

I had 3 hours of Intro to Professional Nursing today. It rapidly became a question and answer session about what to expect this year. It made me a little more comfortable to know that lots of people were having the same fears I am. I also think this is one of the only "non-technical" classes and they're using it to give us a 5 week pep talk about what great nurses we're going to be. I'm not convinced yet. Maybe by July. Tomorrow starts Health Assessment I. Bring on the technical skills!

As much as I'm not in love with my first class, I am in love with getting out at noon 2 days a week. I got my oil changed, bought a bookshelf and 2 sets of extremely white scrubs. You do not know embarrassment until you're in the scrub store asking the lady to look at your butt and see if your underwear shows through. And when her answer is, "Well, they are white and they are going to be a little sheer," it doesn't really inspire confidence. Luckily, I was her only customer at the time. And I'm almost positive that this is the least of the embarrassing situations I'm about to face. I'll keep you posted. There was mention of a catheter today. I'm sure that'll be a million laughs!

Just so this isn't ALL about school...

Habu Kusha Kusha Scarf Kit

Look! My Habu Kusha Kusha Scarf Kit!!! It's superfine merino in chocolate brown and silk wrapped stainless steel in eggplant. The colors came out a little dark in this photo. But, trust me, the combination is going to be lovely. I called the Church Mouse Yarns and Teas when I saw this kit on the Yarn Pirate's blog. I've been stalking this kit for a while and knowing exactly where to find it sent me running to my phone. They gladly sent one my way. Thanks, ladies! I love it!

BTW- BalletMommy, leave me your blog address. I love that you tagged me but I can't find you! And if I know who you are but I'm too bleary eyed to realize it, I'm sorry!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Congrats on your first day!!! I can't wait to hear fun stories...you know you're going to have lots of them!

10:19 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

When I was in the Army, in the medical field, the parties were fantastic! The favorite party game of medical folk seemed to be, "What's the strangest x-ray you've seen of something up where it should never be?". Maybe that's just Army medical folk.

Have fun!

11:32 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Yay School! Enjoy those short days! I love your scarf kit - a little different vein (oh, nursing humor?) than socks - I like it.

2:15 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Congrats on your first day!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Ooo...that will be a beautiful scarf. I haven't tried Habu yet, but I've seen some gorgeous photos.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home