Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Bump in the Rear

This morning on my way to school, I was in stop and go traffic. At one point, I stopped but the car behind me didn't. Crunch! I got totally rear ended. Everyone was OK. And luckily, it was a pretty low speed hit. But I'm still going to need a new bumper. Not the best way to start the day.

Fortunately, we started Health Assessment class today. This one is all about examining the patient, taking a history, and trying to learn as much about them as possible. Much more fun than the theory class. In lab we covered hand washing and taking vital signs. My upper arm has what looks like hickeys from having my blood pressure taken about 20 times. Can't wait to get to injections!

I should explain that, in my program, we take 2 classes at a time for 5 weeks. Then, 2 new classes and so on. The 2 classes I'm in now are meant to get us ready to do clinical rotations starting in July. That's 1 month. Yowzah!!! That's pretty quick. Lots to learn before then. But today we started what I consider to be the fun stuff. We're actually doing medical practices instead of talking about it. WooHoo!!! This is what I've been waiting for. And it made up for the crappy start to the morning.

I promise I'll have some more knitting content this weekend. And thank you again for all the encouragement! It really helps a lot when I'm getting anxious or freaked out. You guys totally rule!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Nell said...

Nell, it sounds so exciting! I don't envy the blood pressure thing though, that is one of my least favourite things! They always have to do it again too, 'cos I always clench my fist to try and stop it tingling!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy but are definitely going to enjoy it along the way. :~)

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that's pretty exciting! you get to change classes and learn all new things so quickly. I kind of like that!

sorry about the fender bender..booo to that! thank goodness you are ok!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

It does sound stimulating - never enough time to get bored with a course!

1:19 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

I think the quick turnover of classes sounds good...I'd imagine that would keep things from getting too drawn out.

Sorry to hear about the car, what a bummer!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Well, I suppose it's better than a finger in the eye.

So does that mean you'll be doing stuff on real patients in a month?!? That IS fast! No worries about lack of knitting content--just flash some of your gorgeous sock yarn stash every once in a while. You know we all go ga-ga over it.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home