Sunday, May 27, 2007

All Clean and a Goals Update

Well, mostly clean. The bedroom is the only place I haven't gone through the contents and thoroughly scrubbed down the whole place. Cleaning is so satisfying. The house looks great! When I get to the bedroom, a new dresser will be purchased and all the clothes will be off the floor and put away. Yes, I live like a college kid in spite of being 8 years beyond that stage of life. Jillian over at sknitty bought one of these a while ago. I think I'll be a follower on this one. It's a tad bigger than my current (broken) dresser. I may have to get 2 as Brian doesn't have anywhere to but his clothes. Brian told me he doesn't need it but I'd love it if we could get everything organized.

It's so funny. I'm really nervous about school and I'm totally trying to control everything else. I keep telling myself that I'll feel better if I'm all organized. But I know I'll actually feel better when I start class on Tuesday. Even my skin is reacting! I'm seriously broken out. And I have wrinkles. I find the combination of my skin issues particularly annoying. Wrinkles or zits, OK? Not both. So unfair.

Needless to say, not much knitting is happening. Mostly I'm working on hats for Sheri's Q2 Loopy Challenge. I re-read the last Harry Potter book yesterday and today. I wanted to get it done before the new one comes out. And soon, any reading time will not be devoted to HP.

As for the Goals, there's not much to tell.

1. Thin for Thirty- I have a new plan. Once school starts, I'll be brown bagging it. I have no extra money to buy lunch every day. That's going to do a lot for my weight. I'm convinced not having Mexican food twice a week will really help. More fruit, veggies, yogurt, and a PB sandwich. That ought to do it. 30-35 pounds need to come off.

2. Knit from the stash- Well, there's no money for yarn either. And I may not have time for knitting. I'll pause while you regain your composure. Ready? OK... I have more than enough yarn to keep me busy for the next 5 years. I'm going to try not to buy yarn for the whole time I'm in school. That's 1 year. It's going to be hard. I won't be able to go here. Or here. Or even here. But I do think I can do it. After all, I went almost 27 years without buying yarn before I knew how to knit. And I'll go shopping in my stash. Isn't that why I have all this yarn? To knit it??? In the spirit of full disclosure, I have an outstanding custom order from the Yarn Pirate. But other than that, it's game on.

The rest of the goals are completed! Not too shabby for the end of May.

I also wanted to encourage you to visit my friend Emily's Etsy Shop. She makes the cutest baby burp cloths and hats. And her project pouches are too cute. Check it out!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

Your life won't totally be yarn free. There are gifts you know. If you hint and make sad faces, your husband will buy you a pretty skein or three. It works for me.

I recommend the Activia low-sugar low-cal strawberry yogurt. It tastes like home churned strawberry ice cream.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Simple knitting projects can be the perfect antidote to long hours studying, too! I even taught myself to read and knit (just stockinette) at the same time.

Really, good luck on your goals - they're certainly ones I need to aim for too!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm dying over the whole Harry Potter timing thing - the movie comes out the day I fly up to Canada and there is only a dinky little theatre in my parents' town. Then the book comes out a few days before I leave... I have already asked my mom to pre-order it at some local shop for me!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home