Saturday, April 21, 2007

Standard Saturday

I ran errands all morning. Nothing too exciting. I finally took the vacuum to the repair shop and when I walked in, the guy said, "your cord needs help." Yeah- it's a shock hazard. Trust me.

I also went to the Post Office. They were holding this little beauty for me.

Sundara Yarn- Cherry Blossom

Sundara Yarn- Cherry Blossom. She did a special run of this to celebrate her business anniversary.

I have some weird pink and brown obsession going at the moment. No kidding- I counted enough pink and brown yarn to make 6 pairs of socks.

I'm not really a pink girl to begin with! But something about pink and brown or blue and brown that is really attractive to me. Of all 6, this skein might be my favorite.

Another package landed in my mailbox this week, all the way from The Knittery in Australia. I saw a picture of this yarn on the Black Dog Knits blog and I could not resist.

The Knittery- Merino Cashmere Orchid

Merino/Cashmere in Orchid

The Knittery- Merino Cashmere Chocolate Royale

Merino/Cashmere in Chocolate Royale

The Knittery- Merino Cashmere Cherries

Merino/Cashmere in Cherries

This yarn is so lovely, I'm not sure I'll be able to knit it up. The depth of colors and the sophistication of the color combinations is just gorgeous. I would never think to put purple and brown together but it works perfectly. And the Cherries color is just the perfect subtly varigated deep red. Love them.

Now, I need to get some knitting done.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the repair shop can fix your vaccum.
I know how you feel. For awhile there I was stuck on blues and greens. :)
Nice yarns...What better way to complete the day then to get lovely yarn in the mail.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!! Not to enable...but have you seen www.woolgirl.com, she has all sorts of yarn including stuff from The Knittery. Love the Sundara, I've got to get some someday!! Cbknits80

5:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!! I am still waiting on my Cherry Blossom - gorgeous! I have to check out this Knittery - the yarn is awesome! You get the best stash enhancements ever!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Gorgeous yarn--all of it!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

I have decided that you have the best Saturday's ever. Chock full of yarn! :)

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You picked some gorgeous colors! It was hard not to buy more than one kind, it really was but I did just come away w. two skeins of silk merino - thanks so much for the yarn flash you enabler :) Terry

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home