Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday Spoilers

ATTENTION!!!! There are Rockin' Sock and Scout's Swag spoilers in this post. Don't read on if you don't want to know!

First, I have to tell you about the crazy dream I had. I was just starting nursing school. There had been 2 or 3 classes and the teachers pulled me aside for a serious talk. They told me that they wanted me to quit the program because I wasn't able to crochet. I even had to bring samples of my needle work up to the front of the class where the professor told me it was all wrong. The kept saying, "We don't think you'll make it through the year. You don't think three dimensionally." And the whole time I was pleading, "But I can knit! I can knit!!!! I'll learn to crochet. There have only been 2 classes!!!" I think I'm a little nervous about this school thing. And I might have to whip up a granny square, just in case.

I also finished one of my Baudelaire socks this afternoon. It's a little tight going over my heel. But once it's on it is very comfy. And the lace looks very fancy. I did do one of the cables in the wrong direction but I'm leaving it. It doesn't bother me. All Brian said was, "Wow, those are really green." It's Sunshine yarn in Avocado. My SP package got me thinking green again!

Sunshine Yarn Avocado

OK- On to the spoilers!

The April shipment of the Rockin' Sock Club came on Thursday. I could not be happier. It's so pretty. And not only is the colorway new, the yarn is new too!!!

STR Silkie- Walking on the Wild Tide

It's STR Silkie- 81% Superwash Merino, 19% Silk- in Walking on the Wild Tide. I love the barber pole effect of the yarn. And the silk gives it such a nice shine. I have to clear some needles more quickly for this one.

My Scout's Indie Swag Club package was jammed into my tiny mailbox yesterday when I got home from work. Good thing yarn is squishy!

Scout's Swag- Lavender Mint

It's 100% Superwash BFL in Lavender Mint. I love this color way. (I'm on a bit of a purple kick lately.) I've also seen the reskeined version of this yarn and the colors blend really well.

Also in the package was Heal My Hands lotion bar, lip balm, and face mask. I've really been wanting to try this. The lotion bar contains lanolin and, for me, the smell of the lanolin overpowers the intended Lavender Mint scent. It doesn't smell bad. I'd just like to be able to smell more of the lavender since it's one of my favorites. There's no doubt this stuff will fix and dry hands or feet. It's really thick and moisturizing. I'm going to slather my flip flop feet in it before I go to bed.

Have you seen The Last King of Scotland? If not, you should go rent it. Forest Whitaker is amazing and the movie gives an interesting point of view on the Ugandan regime of Idi Amin. It's violent but it gives you a good look at what happened.

Hope you're having a restful Saturday.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful packages. Isn't Scouts yarn yummy. I can't wait till I can buy some more from her. The STR looks so soft a squishy.

6:22 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Gorgeous! I'm as green with envy as your yarn!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh what pretty yarn, la la la window shopping here is always fun!

we saw LKoS right before the oscars and promptly wondered why in gods name it wasn't up for best film...and why it wasn't nomimated for score AND soundtrack.

Nat just got the soundtack finally after a lot of searching this past weekend. Which reminds me i want to buy this on dvd asap.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home