Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Got Interviewed!

Thank you for all the nice comments on the BMFA yarn. I'm so in love with it! The heavyweight Lucy will become a Clapotis. The silkmo in Stormy Weather will be a Lily Chin Reversible Rib Shawl from Vogue Knitting- Winter 99/00. The medium weights will be paired up together for a couple more Chevron Scarves. At least that's the plan right now. Although, knitting plans change all the time.

Jo at Wild Peculiar Joy had a great meme on her blog. So I had to get in on it.

These are the questions she has for me.

1) Who is your favorite literary character and why?

Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird. She's an old soul.

2) What dish do you consider to be your specialty?

I make a mean Pad Thai. I'm actually a better baker than cook. (A fact Brian can heartily attest to.) My best baking- Carmel brownies. They are always a hit.

3) What is your most favorite and least favorite season and why?

In California, I don't really experience the seasons the way I did growing up in the Midwest. Overall, I love fall- when the weather changes and there's a brisk chill in the air. I call it sweater weather. Or football weather. To me, there's nothing more fun than watching a college football game wearing a tweed sweater and drinking a beer on the sidelines.

Least favorite- Summer. I'm not a hot weather gal. Last summer it was 115 degrees for 10 days and I really couldn't handle it. Everything dies. The hills turn "gold" (brown). Plus, knitted bikini??? Never.

4) You have $100 extra a week - do you spend it on fun incidentals or do you have someone come in and clean your home? Why?

Someone to come clean my home. It probably the only thing Brian and I fight about. I always feel like I'm the one cleaning and he doesn't do anything. That's not completely true. But sometimes I just feel put upon and irritated by the constant disarray of our apartment. Part of this issue is that we live in a pretty small place and we have a lot of stuff. (Something else I'm working on.) If I came home every night to a clean home, I'd be a much calmer person when I walk in the door.

5) You have the opportunity to go on a roadtrip anywhere in North America for free - where do you go?

I've been to all but 5 states- Hawaii, Idaho, Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi. So, I think I'd take Highway 1 down the coast of California to the 10. Then head East to the three states in the deep South. I'd eat all the fried chicken and BBQ I could get my hands on!

Want to play? Here's the scoop:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (and
give me your email address if you can to make this
easier on me!)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I
get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the
questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to
interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you
will ask them five questions.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger NotScarlett Sarah said...

oooohhh! I wanna play! Me! Me! Interview me!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Interview me please!!

Kelly

Purlygirl75@gmail.com

2:09 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Cool answers - and I am not a hot weather girl, either.

2:42 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

How can I resist? foppers@charter.net

I am totally on the same page with you for cleaning - I am so much more easier to live with if the house is clean - and not entirely by me.:) I love Scout - I wanted to name my daughter that - husband veto'd it - now that she is a tough, climbing, stinker little 20 month-old we agree - she's a "Scout"...

3:27 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

I just saw your guess at the yarn for the man socks - henpecked. heh,heh, cracks me up!

4:26 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Interview me! I grew up in California. Right outside of Fresno, you know, redneck CA. Everything turns "golden", more like piss-yellow! And don't even talk about hot summers, we just moved from Tucson, AZ. Lived there for 10 years, 100+ degrees 6 months or more/year!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home