Sunday, April 22, 2007

Goals Update- Week 16

I haven't done a proper Goals Update in a while. And since I was a little hung over this morning, I haven't been as productive as I'd hoped.

1. Knit from the Stash- I'm taking Sheri at The Loopy Ewe up on her Q2 Challenge. So I'm knitting baby hats like crazy.

Here's what I have so far...

Hats for China

The 2 in lavender are in Bernat Cottontots. The Navy is RYC Cashsoft Aran. I have a yellow one on the needles currently. I hope to finish that one by the end of the night.

I have about 4 skeins of Bernat Cottontots left over from crazy baby knitting last year. So there will be purple, blue, pink, yellow, and cream hats. Although, I don't have much cream left so there might be a 2 toned one. I'm thinking there will be at least 10 in all. This is a potential stash reduction of 700 yards!

I won't mention the 18 skeins of yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts that showed up yesterday. In my defense, I had a coupon!

2. Grad School- The work count down is on. Only 2 weeks before I put in my notice and 2 weeks more after that. Yikes! So exciting and scary. I signed my loan forms this week. And I'm sending in my final paperwork tomorrow.

3. Thin for Thirty- I've walked 17.5 miles toward my 100 for Runagogo. But no weight lost. I really think the change in my career, while currently stressing me out, will be helpful with my weight loss. No Mexican day at work. No lunches out. No breakfast burritos. Plus lots of standing and walking. Much better for my figure than 8-10 hours in front of a computer every day.

4. Save Money- Things are looking good. I took out a big loan for school but I don't think I'll need it all. Brian is wonderful and tells me all the time not to worry. We'll be fine. It's just hard to imagine not having income. But I'm very lucky to have a husband and family who won't let us go hungry.

I'll leave you today with a gratuitous kitty shot. They were cuddling in the ugly (but comfortable) lazy boy yesterday. And it was too cute not to share.

Kitties Snuggling

Eva on the left. Milo on the right.

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're cats are to cute.
OMG, 18 skeins of yarn from BMFA. I'd faint if that much yarn landed on my door step. :~)

10:25 PM  
Blogger NotScarlett Sarah said...

I'm still drooling over the 18 skeins of yarn from BMFA. The hats look adorable, and so do the cats!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, 18 skeins? Did I read that right? You must post - I am ridiculously jealous:) Also enjoying the kitty love.

ps - great job on moving forward on grad school - so scary but liberating:)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home