Sunday, April 01, 2007

Goals Update- Week 13 and a Contest

Before we get to the goals, let me show you the finished soap.

Green Sage Soap

This is Green Clay and Sage Soap.

Green Sage Soap Closeup

Honey and rose soaps

The Rose and Pink Clay is the top row. Honey Beeswax on the bottom.

Honey and Rose Closeup

I get to smell this loveliness for 4 weeks while it drys in my kitchen. YUM!

Now on to the goals...

1. Thin for Thirty- I'm at the same weight I was when the New Year rolled around. Not good. But I'm recommitting today to both eating better and Runagogo. My family being here doesn't help in this regard either. I had 4 wonderful meals while they were here last week. But 4 nights of 3-4 course meals does not make my pants fit better!

2. Knit from the stash- I'm recommitting here too. My sister wanted to learn to knit. And I'd never been to Imagiknit in SF. The stars aligned last Friday to have a sister's day in the city. Seriously, love this shop. There was a TON of yarn. Great needle selection. And best of all, they were so incredible nice to my sister and I. We had a great day walking around SF from the Ferry Building to the Castro and back. Throw in a great lunch at Zuni Cafe and it was pretty much the perfect day. Abby chose a very bright red yarn and she's doing a K2P2 rib scarf with a garter stitch border. I'll get pics when she's done.

Well, this touched off yarn store fever for me. Last Saturday, I went to Article Pract to get the needles I needed for the Chevron Scarf. Of course, I also picked up the LL Devon I showed you a couple of posts ago.

Finally, I had to drop little sister at the airport on Monday. Coincidentally, Nine Rubies is on the way back to my house from the airport. Seriously, I have a sickness. This was my first time in this shop too. They have a great fireplace and a bunch of ladies were sitting and knitting. Again, everyone was really nice. I picked up some needles and this.

SWTC Tofutsies- 728

South West Trading Company- Tofutsies. I've been wanting to try this for a while. I thought the soy and the chitin would make it stiff. But it's not. It's really soft.

Finally, I bought this for my SP8. But I found something even better for her. So I get to keep it.

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport- Red Rover

Lorna's Laces in Red Rover. Yummy!

Since then, I've gone off the deep end with orders from The Sweet Sheep, The Loopy Ewe, and a destash deal or two.

Speaking of destash, my KP Options came yesterday. LOVE them! Nice join. Bendy cable. Sharp tips. Love 'em.

And since it is Flash Your Stash Day... Here's mine. Sock stash. Non-Sock. Yarn I've used. And of course, there's more on the way. I need to listen to more Stash and Burn. My total yardage now stands at 29,698. Not good. Not terrible. But lots of room for improvement.

3. Get in to Grad School- The new is a little better on this front. I got word this week that I was accepted in to my #1 choice. YAY! This is a 3 year program that ends in my being a Family Nurse Practitioner. Crazy, right? Now I just have to figure out the details like financing this, health insurance, and living without an income. You know, the little things! But I'm really excited and know that all your good vibes have helped make this happen!

4. Save Money- Yeah, not so much.

I have been knitting. I'm 2 feet in to my Chevron Scarf. And I need to get back to those Baudelaire's. I'm falling behind in Project Spectrum and Socktopia. And I really haven't even started to knit any of my sock club yarns. I just have to remember that there is no time limit. Knitting is the part of my life that isn't supposed to be scheduled. If only I could get these socks done!

CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
For sticking with me this past year or so. And especially for getting through my 2 last long posts, it's time for the contest!

I'm stealing this one from Minty.

How many knitting books do I have?

Send an email to nelltje at gmail dot com by next Saturday night at midnight Pacific Coast time with your guess. I'll pick 3 winners.

Prizes-
1 skein of Yarntini in Vintage.
1 skein of Yarn Pirate merino/tencel in Hydrangea
1 skein Lisa Souza Sock! in Emerald City

Thanks for reading and thanks for entering!

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi - I'm here from L&V (Random Knitter). I just started the chevron scarf, and have that same colorway of Tofutsies - what are you planning to do with it?

My guess (completely random) for the number of knitting books that you own is 23.

2:07 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Wow - I am so envious of your sock yarn stash - I am afraid to really look at mine - some is going to Destash man - just too much. I love the Red Rover - it's so rich. I am going to think on that question - Minty had a lot less than I thought...hmmm. I think your last prize could be some of that delicious soap you have:) Pink clay sounds awesome!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I bet that soap smells sooooo good. I haven't tried the Tofutsie yet and I've been wanting to get the LL Red Rover. :~)

2:32 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

That soap looks wonderful, I bet it all smells great!
Congrats on the grad school acceptance!

2:33 PM  
Blogger MissCritta said...

I'm guessing 50. And that soap looks fantastic.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

I'm teaching myself how to make soap right now! :) Your soap is beautiful, will you be selling it? I'd love to try it out!

Awesome blog. :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Wow, do you have Yarn Pirate locked in your basement? ;)

That soap looks amazing!

I'm going to ponder the knitting book figure and email you in hopes of scoring that Yarntini. It is, after all worth $167 a skein...

9:02 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

How, how much sock yarn?? Thats bananas.

I'll email you with my guess.....

1:41 AM  
Blogger clumberknits said...

The soap is lovely! I can only imagine the luscious smell.

For the contest, I will guess that you have 47 knitting books. I just started reading your blog, so it's a total guess.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm guessing 17 - and I want to smell the soap, too!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I am very intriqued by your soap! It honestly looked like you were making chocolate fudge or something. Mmm...

Ok, my guess is going to be 26 books!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:28 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Your soap looks good enough to eat. Not that I'd really want to do that, though.

# of knitting books: 17. Wild and random, just the way I like 'em.

12:53 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Hmmm....that soap looks great. I'm going to guess 19 books.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Gosh, your sock yarn stash is amazing! I think I will just have to enter your contest for some of it!

12:21 AM  
Blogger EllenMarie said...

59 books.

1:45 PM  
Blogger VDOprincess said...

the soap looks aaaaamaaazing.

knitting books: 33?

(totally random guess.)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm gonna say 35!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That soap looks great! I'm a real sucker for handmade soap! About the knitting books...how about 53? and I'm loving your monkey socks and the rainbow jaywalkers are the best!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, let me guess - 27?

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home