Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday FO

Yeah- I bet you thought I forgot all this yarn was supposed to make things. Just to prove you wrong, here's an FO.

Vestee- Done

Pattern: Vestee from Knitty- 12 month size
Yarn: Classic Elite Premiere in Eggplant- 3 balls
Needles: KP Options (yay!) Size 6
Date Started: 4/8/07
Date Finished: 4/15/07
Mods: None- But the pattern allows for variation. I made the short sleeve, hooded version. There are options for long sleeves and/or a shawl collar
Recipient: My Faux Nephew. He isn't born yet and he has a sweater in 12 month size. I hope purple is OK for a boy. Eggplant is one of my college colors. And since his parents went there too, it'll be a perfect sweater for Homecoming.

I love this yarn. It's super soft and (apparently) machine washable. My only complaint was the amount of fuzz that came off my my yarn while I knit. Hopefully that doesn't mean there will be a lot of fuzzing on the garment.

I soaked this in Eucalan and tossed it in the dryer once it was damp. The dryer didn't seem to cause any issues.

Vestee- Screw Up

I f'ed up the three needle bind off by doing it on the wrong side. The seam should be on the inside of the hood. But I'm going with "design feature" on this one.

Since no one in my house is the size of a 12 month old, I had to rely on the Chicken to model. Don't mind the nose. He's in the Barnyard Protection Program*.

Vestee- Front Model

Vestee- Back Model

This is also my first project on the KP Options and I couldn't be happier. As long as the join is really tight, these are a dream to knit with.


*See what a long work week and a couple of beers will do??? Makes me all silly.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater came out really cute. Your faux nephew will be stylin' with a knitting auntie to make him things. :~)

10:19 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Great little hoodie! And I love the model. Your faux nephew is so lucky! TGIF huh?! (okay, well, Saturday now - but gotta love a Friday night cocktail!)

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That seam is *totally* a design feature!

Would your chicken like a mask to go with the snout? I do have a spare...it's sparkly and ready for Mardi Gras, but hen's gotta do what a hen's gotta do.

The Masked Chicken

1:41 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

That's adorable! I love purple too, even for kiddies. Your FO puts that pattern back on my radar!

1:55 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Love the sweater, and the Chicken!

Carrie

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home