Sunday, April 08, 2007

And the Winners Are...

First I want to say thank you so much to everyone who entered! There were 36 entries. Your guesses ranged from 0 to 53.

But the answer is 19.

Congrats to the CBknits80 who hit the answer right on the nose! (Do you have a blog? I couldn't find it to link it.)

Jen was close at 18. And there was a tie for third with Jo and Chemgrrl coming in at 17 books each. So I'll go up to 4 winners.

I do have to say that Weezalana's entry named all my knitting, sewing, and crochet books. That took some serious stalking on the knitty boards and this blog. So she gets a prize for extra effort!

CBKnits80 gets first pick of the prizes. And I think I've contacted all of you one way or another since blogger doesn't let me email you back from the comments. UGH!

I'm not going to talk about Goals today. There isn't much to tell and I don't want to bore you.

But I will show you what a serious yarn addiction will get you...

Loopie Groupie

I'm a Loopie Groupie! On your 6th order, Sheri hooks you up with an awesome tote, loopy kisses, some Soak samples, and a free skein of yarn! How cool is that?!??!! I'm ignoring the fact that it means I've spent entirely too much money there.

Finally, here's the list of my books if you are interested.
1. Scarf Style by Pam Allen
2. Wrap Style by Pam Allen and Ann Budd
3. The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd
4. Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
5. Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
6. Mason Dixon Knitting by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
7. Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
8. Favorite Socks by Interweave Press
9. Greetings from Knit Cafe by Suzan Mischer
10. At Knit's End by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee*
11. Cast's Off by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee*
12. Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
13. The Secret Life of a Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee*
14. Alter Knits by Leigh Radford
15. One Skein by Leigh Radford
16. Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
17. Stitch 'N Bitch by Debbie Stoller
18. Stitch 'N Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller
19. The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman

*I included these in the count because they are knitting books, although they aren't pattern books. Next time I'll be more precise in my contest definitions.

Crochet Books-
1. A Year of Afghan's, Book 4 by Oxmoor Press
2. The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller

Sewing Books-
1. In Stitches by Amy Butler
2. Simple Sewing with a French Twist by Celine Dupuy
3. Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter
4. Sew U by Wendy Mullin
5. Quilts by Denyse Schmidt
6. Last Minute Fabric Gifts by Cynthia Treen


Happy Easter!!!!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...my addiction's bad too. I was a groupie in less then 3 months and I just completed an order that will give me a credit for $25, which will be the second time I've gotten this credit. :~)
My annoyance with Blogger is the reason I'm now using Typepad. :~)

1:02 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Wow!! I want to be a groupie! I need to be a groupie!!

SOrry I didn't win the booty, but if it can't be me...cbknits Rocks!! Good job!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

I'd love to be a groupie. I'm just too slow to get any of the rarer things she posts. Someday soon though....

Congrats CBKnits80! :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, congrats on becoming a Loopy Groupie. I think I am just about there myself!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap i still can't believe i won some fancy pants sock yarn i never even look at due to not being able to afford it!
SO STOKED.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Alexis said...

Hee. So I would have been right if you had included the crochet and sewing books. At least it was a good guess. :)

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I came from Knitting Moose, I have been lurking on the loopy ewe and I think that tote full of beauty just flopped me right over the edge, thanks for that:)

4:54 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Whoa. All I can say is WHOA! Your yarn choices are amazing! (I'm trying really hard to maintain admiration and not sink down into outright jealousy.)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Yay! I already sent you my mailing address via email. I love winning stuff! So, who do I have to bribe to get a bar of soap included? Email me at jochibi AT yahoo DOT com so we can discuss :)

6:39 AM  
Blogger clumberknits said...

Hi there! I came over to thank you for the birthday wishes you left on my blog ... what a treat!

Congrats on becoming a Loopy Groupie! I suspect I will join you in a few months :)

Ann

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the yarn from the Knittery. Sorry for making you cave - but, I promise that it's worth every single cent!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home