Thursday, March 01, 2007

I Didn't Make It

I only got 1 Socktopia and 1 Project Spectrum sock done this month. Oh well. It's been a little crazy around here. You know? Hopefully this weekend will be exceedingly productive. I think I'll be able to finish the Baby Boy Quilt this weekend. YAY! It's looking cute. The sewing is a little wonky. But that's OK.

I got more good news from graduate school today. They want to interview me for my #1 choice program! Things just seems to be lining up. (The one I was accepted to was my #2 program.) And I sent them money to save my spot. A bird in the hand and all that. Now I just have to juggle commitments until I get definitive word on #1. That'll be at the end of March. Coincidentally, program 1 and 2 are at the same school. I'm the kind of girl who likes to have things wrapped up and finished. Unfortunately, I won't get that for a while. But that's OK. Completely changing my life shouldn't happen overnight. It's still exciting and fun. And the scariness is starting to fade. Now, if I just knew how to pay for all this. I supposed that's what banks are for.

Did you feel it? There was a pretty good earthquake tonight. I haven't been afraid of them until tonight. In fact, I used to think they were fun. Not anymore. This one shook pretty good. And, as it turns out, it was only a 4.3 but located close to my house. If there's ever another 8, I hope I'm not here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I didn't get a sock in for socktopia either. I haven't felt an earthquake in years. I grew up near Bakersfield, CA where we got little ones. We definitely felt both The Bay Area quake in the 80's and Northridge which was back in the 90's.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

earthquakes sound kind of scarey. I'll stick with lake effect snow and chicago's 100mph winds.
thanks.


got my fingers crossed for you!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home