Sunday, March 18, 2007

Goals Update- Week 11

Here's the rundown for the week.

1. Thin for Thirty- Not good. Not bad. Frankly, I'm not working on this at the moment. Especially when I'm baking bread.

No Knead Wheat Bread

The wheat didn't rise as much as the white did. Maybe it was the beer I put in the batter. Maybe it was the whole wheat flour. Hmm.... It still tastes pretty good.

Did you like how I changed the subject off of my weight???? Pretty sneaky, huh? Runagogo is going to extend another 3 months. I need to recommit to that. I just need to move more... 200 miles total by July 4. I can do it. I'm at 49 miles. I'll definitely have to kick it up. But I need a challenging goal.

2. Knit from the stash- Oooooffff! I'm having a bad week here. I put my name in the hat for 6 months of Scout's Swag Club. I never thought I would get picked. Well, I did!!! I'm really excited. But once again, I've bought yarn. I can tell you, this week isn't going to be better. My little sister is coming to town and she wants to learn to knit. Specifically, she wants a red scarf. I guess I'm going to HAVE to make a trip to the yarn store to get her set up. I mean, what kind of sister would I be if I wasn't an enabler???

3 and 4. Save money for grad school- Well, the Scout thing didn't help. But I'm OK. Just think good scholarship thoughts.

So that's it for the week. I turned the heel on my first Baudelaire. I love this pattern. Well, we all know I love Cookie. This pattern is just so clever. It's a toe up heel flap sock! I never knit such a thing. And it flows perfectly from foot to leg. I love it. And the sunshine yarn I'm using is a dream.

Baudelaire's- So far

Peaknits mentioned that since I disclosed the grad school thing, I don't have a contest idea. And she's right! Plus, I'm probably the only blogger who hasn't had a contest. So I'll think of something this week and let you know.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

OMG I got picked for Scout's thing too - we are really in this buying yarny things together, huh? I kind of just threw my name in the hat tempting fate - well, now I am done!? or am I? Help, I need a sponsor!!:)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Mmmm, home made bread, there's nothing quite like it.......

Looking forward to that contest!

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home