Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bread and Breaths

First things first... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABRA!!!!! It's my little sister's 25th birthday!!! She's back from Ireland. Living in Chicago. And I get to see her next weekend. And I'm going to teach her to knit. YAY!

Inspired by this post, I made bread today. It sounds really tough and tedious. But nope! It was super easy and really tasty.

No Knead Bread

Look! It looks like the fancy bakery bread. It even thumps when you tap it.

But...

No Knead Bread- Oops

It got a little stuck to the pan. Luckily, that doesn't effect the taste!

I have another loaf rising now. This one has whole wheat flour and a little beer substituted for the water. Maybe you can see the theme of the weekend.

I checked around at work and no one knows I have a blog. So I guess it's safe to tell you the grad school news. Although, you guys are so on the ball, you don't even need me to tell you that I'm going to be a nurse! I was accepted into an accelerated program which means a little more than a year from now, I'll be working as an RN. The other program I'm interviewing for is a 3 year program that will take me all the way to a Nurse Practitioner. It's very exciting. And the CPR class today was a great first step toward this new path. (Although, my hand is a little sore from doing chest compressions all day!)

It'll be quite a switch from my current job as a buyer of men's pants. But I've always wanted to be in the medical field. My mom was a nurse and I'll be proud to follow in her footsteps.

I went through my quarter-life-crisis at 25 when my mom died. I really sat down and tried to evaluate how my life effected other people. And I couldn't come up with one thing I did to make the world a better place. The idea of going back to school and being a nurse came to the forefront of what would be best for me and my family. I'll have more flexible hours and I'll be able to work anywhere.

Thanks for all your support! It's hard to take the risk of leaving a job that pays well to go back to school and depend on your family for help. I know it'll only be a year. But I've been supporting myself for the last 8 years. And to go back on that is tough. However, I think it'll be worth it in the end. There's lots to think about and lots to consider. But for now, it's full speed ahead!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

The bread looks yummy.
Congrats on being accepted into Grad school. Change is really scary but also good. It stinks to be stuck in a rut.
Good luck with school.

10:04 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Congratulations!! I work in admissions and know how difficult it is to get admitted into a nursing program.

4:08 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

So, does that mean no contest? ;) I am so happy for you - what a big, courageous risk that will have lots of benefits - it's the in-between part that is so scary. *pat on the back here* for having the balls to go for it!

yum, bread. I'm off to make some banana bread now - thanks for the inspiration, as always!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home