Friday, March 16, 2007

Beer and Ball

March Madness makes me so happy! I even had a clandestine meeting with my boss's boss and another co-worker in the company gym to watch the last 2 minutes of the UNLV/ Georgia Tech game.

Not that I have any money on this... Because... that would be wrong.

But it would make me really happy of Kansas continued to win... I'm just saying....

So I'm drinking beer and watching Southern Illinois beat Holy Cross. It's a good night.

Especially since tomorrow I have to get up early for CPR for health care providers class. (Have you figured out that grad school thing yet? Maybe there's a contest here...)

As for knitting, I'm turning the heel on my first Baudelaire. I hate to say it... but I might be getting burned out on socks. Although, the real issue is that I have too many complicated socks on the needles at the moment. I'm longing for a basic rib. But I have to gut out a sock or two before casting on anything too easy.

So tonight there are lots of beer and ellipses.

5 Comments:

Blogger cbknits80 said...

Isn't March Madness fun. As a HC grad, I was hoping they'd win, but no luck. Hmm...CPR...Nursing?

5:59 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Rip one of the socks that you like the least and start up a basic rib to satisfy the need to make some simple socks. I normally have socks on the needles for my girls that are simple so my socks can be fancy...the best of both world.
As for the grad school, maybe some type of Doctor. Either way, good luck. :~)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like knitting stockingette socks. Mindless, repetitive, soothing...and far faster than the complicated ones I occasionally try. Then I can knit in the dark, during any movie, in the car - it's my comfort knitting.

Masked Chicken

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what a good remedy is for Sockfedupness? Start a Log Cabin blanket with all of those extra ends from your socks. It's miles and miles of garter stitch which make for really mind-numbing work that helps when you just need a break from complicated patterns.
Your SP from the LnV message boards.

1:53 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Beer - sounds good - tonight while I watch March Madness. I'm a Wisconsin fan naturally, so their not up til tomorrow. But I have this crazy chocolate beer I've been wanting to get the courage to try - tonight is the night!

CPR...you're killing me - nursing?

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home