Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy and Scared and Thrilled and Nervous all wrapped into One

OMG- I got home today. (from my great new promotion) And I received a letter informing me I was accepted into my #2 pick of grad schools.

Holy shit. (sorry but that's how i feel)

If I accept their offer, I have to quit my job. Go into debt. Spend a year intensely studying to pass a licensing exam. And then have one of the most rewarding (financial and spiritual) and flexible careers.

I'm so scared. I've been working for 8 years and now I have to give all that up and become dependent on my husband. I know that sounds like no big deal but I was raised to be extremely independent. Brian and I still have separate money and bills. He writes me a check every month to cover his half of expenses. I hate having to ask him to go out on a limb financially for me. It's just a thing I have a hard time doing.

But I really, really want to go. It's expensive and scary and thrilling and wonderful. And I'm blessed to even be presented this opportunity. It's a really competitive program.

Deep breaths. We'll have to have a serious conversation. But I can't believe they actually said, YES...

4 Comments:

Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Congrats. I can just imagine what's running through your head. Go with what your heart tells you and things will generally work out all right in the end.

9:47 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Wow! Hurray! I am so glad you have the opportunity to ponder this tough decision - It sounds very exciting! Will you forever regret it if you don't "just do it"? I don't envy this part - but the rewards sound pretty incredible! Good luck!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

Congratulations!

I would find relying on J hard too. But think, you'd do it for him no questions, right? And anyway, it's just a year. What were you doing this time last year? Doesn't seem that long ago does it?

Have a great weekend celebrating!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man! that is so cool. Well if they said yes, and the program is competitve, that is a sign that you are meant to do it. You mus tell us what it is for tho!
It is awful giving up that feeling of security thru money...but remember it's not forever. Everything will work out in the end.

CONGRATS!!!!!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home