Sunday, February 25, 2007

Goals Update- Week 8

1. Thin for Thirty- There's going to be a relaunch of this goal tomorrow for Lent. I'm a heathen but 6 weeks sounds like a decent amount of time to challenge myself to lose 15 pounds. The NYC trip and the new job has gotten me off track. And I need a good goal to get me back on track. That being said, I'm still down an official 4 pounds. So all has not been lost.

2. Get into grad school- CHECK!!!! A lot of people have asked what I'll be going to grad school for. I'll share all the details once I've made a decision as to where to go. While I don't think anyone from work reads this, I want to hold off a little with the details. Maybe that sounds silly. But I just took a promotion and I'm feeling guilty already about potentially resigning so soon after that. But it really will be financially and spiritually rewarding. You might be able to guess...

3. With the developments of #2, saving money has become much more important. It makes me nervous that I'm not financially ready for this change. Fortunately, it'll only be a year without work. But it's still really scary. Tuition will be steep and we live in an expensive place. I'll try not to focus on the scary part and look to the fun, rewarding part. But it's hard. I'm a Virgo and we're a little anal that way.

4. Yarn Diet- I haven't been buying yarn. I've been tempted.... Yarn Pirate has some very pretty new colors.... And I stayed away from Stitches this weekend specifically not to be tempted.

I also haven't been knitting that much. I have 1 Moorish Lattice sock done. And I'm close to finishing my first Monkey sock. Looks like my February Socktopia goal won't make it.

Here's what I have been working on...

Baby Neviaser- Quilt

It's going to be a quilt for my friend Jen's baby boy. I've made the "quilt sandwich" and only the quilting and binding remain to finish up. It's based on Flock of Triangles from Denyse Schmidt Quilts. My triangles aren't perfectly pointy. And I misjudged how to cut the back so it's 4 pieces instead of 2. I don't think my faux nephew will care when he spits up all over it. I like this sewing thing. I cut all the pieces Friday night. I made the quilt top and pinned it together yesterday. Good stuff.

Hopefully you're having a good weekend. I love the Oscars. We got pizza and are checking out the show. How beautiful does Reese Witherspoon look?!?!?!?!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

I love your quilt - the fabric is an excellent choice! Sounds like you are in the throes of decision making - good luck! I think Resse looks fabulous too - I think it may be her way of saying "eat your heart out Ryan Phillipe!" Go girl!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Allegra said...

Yay Virgos! Best of luck with your goals!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home