Saturday, January 06, 2007

Guess What the Yarn Fairy Brought Me!

OK- Really the Internet and post office has done the dirty work. I have eleven skeins to show you today. Yes, 11. These are all from yarn4socks and The Loopy Ewe.

Let's start with the stripey goodness...

Regia Nation Color- Rainbow

I LOVE the rainbow stripes in this. These are definitely destined to be Jaywalkers- bright, crazy, potentially scary jaywalkers!

Regia Nation Color- Blue and White

These will be very stripy and comfy as well.

Sweet Georgia- Life Aquatic

I've been dying to try Sweet Georgia yarn for awhile. And it has lived up to its reputation. It's soft and the color is lovely. The color is Life Aquatic. If you haven't seen the movie- go rent it today!

Austermann Step- Wasser

Austermann Step has aloe and jojoba oil in the yarn!!! How cool is that?!?!?!?!? This is their Wasser color. Hopefully, it'll make my hands soft when I knit it up.

J Knits- Vermont

J. Knits was actually not on my list of yarns to try. But there was a big sale at yarn4socks and this color really jumped out at me. It's a really bright lime color (Vermont) and super duper soft. I didn't know anything about this yarn before I bought it. And now I'm glad I did.

Fleece Artist- Marine

This Fleece Artist in Marine is really close to the blue lagoon color I already have. Oops! Marine has more purple in it. I cast on with the blue lagoon last night and I really how it's knitting up.

Claudia Handpaint- Tropicana

Finally, I also wanted to try some Claudia Handpaint. This is Tropicana. It's a little brighter than I anticipated. The yarn is soft and lovely but I may have to trade it out for another color. I like orange but this is a little more construction orange than I thought it would be. Or maybe I just need to dig out the right pattern.

Yarn4Socks had a great sale after Christmas and I stocked up. They had great brands and shipped quickly. I highly recommend them.

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe is great as usual. She included a sample of Soak wash and a really cute stitch marker. Her customer service is awesome as always. I just can't say enough good things about Sheri. I love that she carries some of the Indie brands that I love. Anytime small companies get more exposure, I'll happy about that.

I've been knitting here too. I finished my first Here There Be Dragons sock and cast on for the second one. I also cast on for my Socktopia January sock. The themes are Blue Monday and Starry Skies. So I combined those and we'll see what happens!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

Ahhh, another gal not knitting from her stash!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Allegra said...

What lovely stash enhancement!

10:06 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I am so jealous - the yarn is gorgeous. The Claudia handpainted really caught my eye! Lovely!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home