Sunday, January 28, 2007

Goals Update- Week 4

This week's been testing me at work as you all know. But I have to keep my eyes on the bigger picture of making my 2007 goals. Time to refocus as we're at the one month mark.

1. Thin for Thirty- I had the flu this week which threw a wrench in the exercise plan. But I really didn't feel like eating. This morning the scale is showing a 2 pound loss. That's 8 total for the month. Can I make it to 10 by next week? I hope so. I want to make it to 10 by the end of January.

2. Knit from my stash- Well, I did buy yarn. I admit it. But some is for my SP. And the one I'm keeping is replacing a skein I'm gifting. With this creative math, my skein count remains the same. Plus, I have an FO to show off.

Jaywalkers- Rainbow

Pattern: Jaywalkers
Yarn: Regia Nation Stripe in Rainbow from yarn4socks
Needles: Bryspun Bry-Flex dpn's in size 2.5- 3.00 mm
Date Started: 1/8/07
Date Finished: 1/28/07
Mods: I did these toe up with a figure 8 cast on to take full advantage of the crazy stripes. And I started the yarn as it came out of the ball. I wanted them not to match perfectly. What's the fun in that?

Jaywalker- <span onclick=

These are my Socktopia Socks for the January Theme of "Celebrate Good Times!" And I crossed the 1/2 mile mark for the Lime-N-Violet sock marathon. Now that is cause for celebration.

3. Junk Room to Studio- The flu that ravaged our house put a damper on my plans to hit IKEA last week. I'm determined to get the shelves done this week. Maybe the desk too. We'll see.

I also need a new dresser as my previous one from IKEA finally broke after 7 years and a cross country move. Not too shabby for $130. I spotted one I really like on Jillian's blog. She's using it for stash storage. I'm going to get the taller version to tame my clothes pile which has invaded my couch. What I haven't told you is that the dresser broke about 6 months ago and I'm just getting around to replacing it now. See, I work in baby steps.

Today I'm doing the predicable laundry and casting on a Moorish Lace sock in blue Fleece Artist for my February socks for Project Spectrum. Yummy!

Maybe I can get a quick nap in too.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

Great job on 8 pounds!! Woot!! Also love the socks - they are so fun!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

The socks are just great! Wouldn't normally be my colours, but I love them! The Jaywalker pattern realy suits the yarn!

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those Jaywalkers! The thick, bold stripes, the fact that they don't line up - wonderful!!! Are you going to wear them with a skirt and a Rainbow Brite tshirt for fun? :)

The Masked Chicken

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home