Sunday, January 07, 2007

Goals Update- Week 1

So far so good. At least none of the goals have been specifically given up on yet.

1. Knit from my stash- I've almost finished my first pair of socks for the New Year. All the yarn I showed you yesterday was purchased before the New Year. So, technically, I haven't purchased any yarn in 2007. I still have 2 packages coming. Even though I can't shop, there will still be pretty pictures of acquisitions for another week or two.

2. Thin for Thirty- I went on the all veggie plan this week. Yup- all veggies for every meal. It's tough and I don't anticipate going more than another week like this. But I think it jump starts my body and wakes up my metabolism. I watched a show on FoodTV that was talking about getting healthy. The nutritionist reminded one of the women not to worry if she wasn't "perfect." I think that's the best dieting advice I've ever seen. I tend to be ultra strict and if I mess up, I say "oh well" and eat a whole batch of cookies. It's OK to have a cookie. And there will be situations where I have to eat what's available. But I can still choose the portion and minimize the impact to the overall goal. I know this sounds obvious. But I'm definitely an all or nothing type of girl. Anyway, I lost 4 pounds this week. YAY! That's 13% to my 30 pound goal.

3. Clean out the Junk room- I made 6 trips down 3 flights of stairs to put things that have crept up to the apartment back in storage. It's a little progress. I also looked online and I think I know what I want from IKEA. When's the best time to go? 9pm on a Tuesday? First thing on a Sunday? Anyone with experience in this, let me know. Of course, there's more cleaning to do before we're to that stage of the project. But maybe shopping for furniture would motivate me to clean out that room!

That's all for today. I'm going to clean and knit and do laundry. Pretty exciting, huh?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

Great job on the 4 lbs! Awesome resolution! I did weight watchers years ago and it was so motivating - I still autmatically think in terms of points and have been able to stay a "lifetime member" (at or near my goal) - you go girl! And keep running!!:)

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow and to think i spent 25 years as a strict Vegetarian. How weird is that? It took 26 years for me to realize i can take on my digestive problems head on!

trick is to learn to substitute TVP (or healthy choice crumbles) into things you already eat. Zero fat, tons of protein and just as tasty.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

GOod job on knitting from your stash so far! Would those be Socktopia socks???

7:35 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

I need to clean out our spare room too. And as for Ikea, in our neck of the woods, 9pm on Tuesday is definately the best time. It's a ghost ship!

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

13% of your goal! Congrats! I neve thought to do a percentage. I think I'll try it! 13% seems like 3 times more than 4 pounds! Mind tricks really work for me!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home