Saturday, December 30, 2006

They're Super Pink! Super Pink! They're Super Pinky! Eowww!

I finished the Plain Old Socks this afternoon. And I LOVE them. They're comfy and they fit perfectly. And they're going to look awesome with my Chuck Taylors. Truth be told, I was starting to get concerned about the level of pinkness that these socks were creating. But in the end, they perfectly straddle the line between kitschy and obnoxious. (It's a thin but important line.)

Plain Old Socks Yarntini Socks

This pic is slightly blue for an unknown reason. But as you can see, I'm very proud as to how the stripes line up.

Plain Old Socks- Heels

And I'm getting better at this short row heel thing!

Plain Old Socks- Yarntini Hope

Milo Pick approves of the pinkness.

Pattern: Universal Sock Pattern from knitty
Yarn: Yarntini Self Striping Sock in Hope
Needles: KP dpn's size 1
Date Started: 11/10/06
Date Finished: 12/30/06

These are the first toe up socks I've made. I love how they fit. And I'm glad they are my last socks of 2006.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Allegra said...

Very nice! The two socks line up so well!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your socks look super nice!

the picture is blue, because of the white balance in your digital camera. Digital cameras shoot whites differently depending on what the type of light is where you took the photo. indoor lighting tends to show up blue or red. You can adjust your white balance on your camera to "indoor" to compensate a little, or if you own photoshop i can email you how to get rid of the blue/red and make it white relatively easy. :D

oh i should email you anywho...i've got a private question for ya.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home