Sunday, December 31, 2006

One Last Pair

I spoke too soon in yesterday's post. I have one last FO to show you for the year!

Garter Rib Socks STR SH

The stripes don't quite line up on these. I'd say they are fraternal rather than identical.

Garter Rib Sock- STR Scottish Highlands

Pattern: Garter Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: STR Midweight in Scottish Highlands I love this yarn. It's squishy and makes a nice thick fabric. I can't wait to try some of the lightweight I have.
Needles: One on KP size 3 dpn's. The other on size 2.5 Bryspun dpn's. I changed to the Bryspun because these socks went to Ireland with me and I didn't want to risk getting my needles confiscated. The funny thing is the KP #3 and the Bryspun #2.5 are the same size if you look at the millimeters. Weird, huh?
Date Started: 10/15
Date Finished: 12/31- Last FO of 2006!

And the skeins just keep on coming...

These three lovelies are courtesy of Sandra at I May Be Knitting A Ranch House. She was doing a little destash. I was doing some stash enhancement. The cosmos were aligned.

CTH- Birches

Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Birches. This color is really cool. There's a little green interspersed with the black and brown.

Yarntini Vintage

Yarntini self striping in Vintage. I already have a skein of this. But with 2 I can make knee highs!

Yarntini 4-8-15-16-23-42

Yarntini self striping in 4-8-15-16-23-42 (inspired by Lost). I don't watch Lost but I saw some Jaywalkers in this color and they were adorable!!!!


Happy New Year!!!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

I love everything! Your socks made me gasp when I first opened your site - beautiful! I am so needing to try STR! And well, Yarntini - we are kindred spirits - and I want to think I have some of that Cherry Treehill in my own stash! Sock yarn Rocks!!!! Happy New Year!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nell,
I happen to have that same Vintage colorway of Yarntini! I loooove it so much. Now that I saw your Yarntini socks in Hope, I am sure that I am going to do my Yarntini socks in stockinette stitch. The stripes look so great in that smooth stitch. Your socks are wonderful, pure fun.
Happy New Year!
susan

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh the yarntini stuff is always looking so good.


la la la window shopping!


happy new year!

i have 2 skeins of STR stashed away in my pet me frequently drawer...i REALLY need to get them out and get inspired...and yeah NOT SEW. heh.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Oooh the Vintage will look so cute in knee highs!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home