Saturday, December 23, 2006

I've Been Remiss

With all this Ireland and Christmas talk, I haven't been showing you what's going on in my knitting life. Well get ready, this is a picture heavy post. But I'm finally home when there is light. YAY!

First up- I got a new pouch from those clever girls over at Piddleloop. These pouches are perfect for portable projects and keeping things organized. And it doesn't hurt that they are so darned cute!

Look! It's fully lined and can probably hold 2 pair of socks. There are even these little loops for holding needles. My other one made the trip to Ireland with me and saved my socks from any tangles or exposure to dirt. And if you're keeping score, I now have 2 Piddleloop pouches and 1 from Misocrafty. That's enough to keep my socks in progress ready to go at a moment's notice.

Finally, the piddleloop girls included these adorable freebies. Buttons, a headband, a bobby pin, and the cutest Kleenex cover.


And I couldn't have an empty pouch laying around. So I cast on for Here there be Dragons Socks in Yarn Pirate's merino/tencel blend. The color is storm and I think it'll make great dragon scales. I also made a great trade on the knitty boards. I got lantern moon ebony dpn's for a nice skein of sock yarn. And these needles are too nice not to be knitting with them. Can you tell I'm trying to justify my startitis??

I finally got a picture of the cable booties I made for my MIL for Christmas. I finished these back in September or so. The pattern is from One Skein and the yarn is Lorna's Laces in Shepherd Worsted. They're really soft and cuddly. I really hope they fit.


This was the first time I did any cable work. I think it turned out pretty well. Or at least, the cables go all the same way.

I also cast on a plain old stockinette sock with Yarntini yarn in the Hope colorway. I bought it in October when pink was really on my mind. It's really, really pink. Usually that's not my style but I really like these. It doesn't hurt that these may be the softest socks I've ever owned. And look at the striping! Jess over at yarntini is a master of dyeing stripes.

I cast off the first one last night. I think I'm getting the hang of this short row heel thing.

Have a wonderful Christmas! Try to remember how blessed we all are.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

I love every little thing - especially the Yarntini socks - great colorway! Hope you have a fabulous holiday!!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh you did get it! yay! i also have the colorway Storm from georgia, it's quite lovely.
i can't wait to start knitting sometime soon


i hope you have a very merry xmas nell!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home