Friday, December 29, 2006

I have no self control

As the eve of 2007 grows closer, I have been very bad. I made a promise to myself and to the knit blog community. I will knit from my stash until it fits into the 2 small bins I've designated for yarn. (More on that in my New Year's Post.)

However, that doesn't start until 1/1/07. So this Post-Christmas week, I've been shopping... a lot. I have 21 skeins of sock yarn coming. Don't judge. I'm already feeling guilty.

Only one skein has arrived so far. This beauty is from Dani at Sunshine yarn. It's no so solid Avocado. The luscious green is going to look so pretty in a leafy sock pattern.

Sunshine Yarn Avocado

Lots more to come. I figure as long as I bought it before the 1st, I'm not breaking any rules. I know it's sort of cheating. But I prefer to call it storing up for the long winter.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

I LOVE this yarn - I would have loved to find it this past summer when I was stalking the LYS for some like this for the IK Embossed Leaves pattern...then I have this little lace leaf fetish, so maybe it's in my future!!

Oh, and lest I forget - good luck with the yarn hiatus in the New Year - it'll tough but you can do it! :) This is from someone who has a card posted in her office which reads "Thou shalt not buy sock yarn"...yeah, whatever...

6:23 PM  
Blogger Allegra said...

gorgeous yarn! I'm going over to her shop right now! I look forward to seeing the other 20 skeins!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home