Sunday, December 17, 2006

Emerald Isle

I have to send a HUGE shout out to Georgia at Yarn Pirate. She sent me to a couple of great jewelers on etsy. And I got a this great necklace for my MIL. YAY! One more gift down. I also found an apron for my brother-in-law's girlfriend who loves to cook. And, OK, I might have picked up something for myself. Oops! But this Christmas just confirms the awesome-ness of Etsy. There are so many great independent artists out there. Support their crafts!

Here are the rest of the pics from Ireland.


Dromberg Stone Circle. The Druids supposedly worshiped the winter solstice. The stones actually line up with the sun on that specific day. How cool is that?!?!? To get here, you have to go up a two track through the mud to a teeney parking lot and gift shop that are clearly not that busy in winter. In fact, the gift shop was a trailer that was all but abandoned. I really liked being there without 1,000 other people. From this trip on, I'm all about the off season.

The next three pictures are of Mizen Head Peninsula. It took us a couple wrong turns and about an hour and a half to get out here. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!

This is the most South-westerly point in Ireland. And the weather in these 3 pictures happened in the space of about 15 minutes.

That white building on the rock is a lighthouse but it's only open on the weekends in winter. Really beautiful scenery.

Finally, a good picture of Brian and I. Can you tell we had fun?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

Welcome back!! It looks as though you had a wonderful time! I also have some shouting out to yarn pirate with you - there is some pretty awesome etsy swag out there!!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahoo! you found some great stuff. and you bought jewelry from my buddy heather! i've had my eye on that necklace. i'm glad you bought it so now i don't have to.

your pictures of Ireland are beautiful!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home