Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A World Gone Mad

Usually I'm not too political on this blog and I'm not really trying to convince you to subscribe to any of my beliefs. But the story I read today on MSNBC goes far beyond the reaches of taste and decency. And I'm asking you to please think about it.

O.J. Simpson is coming out with a book titles "If I did it, here's how." (or something very close to that) In the book, he describes how he would have killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman if he had actually done it.

This is nothing short of disgusting. How much more do the families of these two people need to take from the man who murdered their loved ones? How much more are we, as a society, going to allow OJ to profit from his crime?

An opinion piece (also on msnbc.com) written by Michael Ventre pretty much sums up my frustration not only with this particular incident but with the quality of television as a whole. You can read his article here.

I'm begging you. DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK. DO NOT WATCH THE TV SPECIAL. Somethings just need to be ignored. And then, maybe, we won't have this trash crammed down our throats anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew, gross. i can't believe anyone would watch that trash...but people never fail to suprise me with their trashiness.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home