Monday, November 27, 2006

Lesson of the Day

Back up your hard drive.

You know those computer issues I'm having? Yup. My hard drive is dead. And no, they can't recover anything from it. Boo!

Thank goodness I don't have a lot on there. My pictures are all on Flickr. I had some school papers but I had recently emailed them to myself at work. The itunes I bought and some school work is gone but I'll survive. Besides, there's nothing I can do.

The biggest loss is my yarn stash spreadsheet. sigh.... But I can recreate that. It'll just take time.

This sucks! I didn't know how dependant I am on that thing until it died. No more email after work for me.

Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this happened to me this summer. my fan died thus causing my motherboard to crap out. Killing my harddrive and everything on it. All my photos are burned to cd and that's the only thing i'm concerned with saving. But look into an external harddrive with several 100 gigs for xmas. they are getting cheap now. i'm getting one!
so now i can just dump everything tot hat thing!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home