Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's Raining and Dreary

Remember this?

Well, now it is this!
Another FO this week. I'm on a little bit of a roll. Unfortunately, that makes me want to cast on more instead of focusing on what I already have on the needles.

I'm really happy with how the colors came together. Even if you twist the yarn together in the shop, you never really know. So I'm thrilled with the pumpkiny, rusty orange I got with the 4 yarns. It's just red enough to make it nice and rich looking without being too red. Too red is very bad with my hair color.

The rainy dreary weather has once again driven me to my bathroom for pictures. (And no, I haven't bothered to get out of my PJ's yet.) I love the scarf. It's the perfect length and soft as buttah. The hat's a little big. It fits, but I can see it falling off if I played too vigorously in the leaves. But I like it anyway. You can't see it in the pictures but the hat just covers my ears.
Pattern: Purl Scarf and Hat
Yarn: 2 skeins Manos del Uruguay in Persimmon, 2 skeins Lang Venezia in Rust, 1 skein Rowan Kid Silk Haze in Marmalade, and 1 skein Karabella Mirage in Oranges
Needles: Clover US 15, Bamboo


One more thing....

GO AMHERST!!!!!!! BEAT WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Allegra said...

Fabulous ensemble! How could that you got that great color and texture with the assorted yarns. Definitely looks like you will be kept warm!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home