Friday, November 10, 2006

Bathroom Pictures

I have figured out the photography situation. Apparently, the best lighting in our apartment at this time of year is in the bathroom. So I give you an FO and some yarn p0rn in my bathroom! The white nubbly thing is my bathmat. It's white, for color reference.

I finished my sister's Hedera socks in Sundara yarn- Emerald Isle colorway. Note that my foot is a size 11 and my sister's is a 9. So the socks are a little stretched. I really, really, really hope they fit. I guess I'll find out in 3 weeks when I head to Cork, Ireland for a delayed honeymoon/ Christmas vacation/ family vacation. I can't wait. I know Ireland isn't the typical December destination but I think hearty stews and Guinness are just the thing to cure my early winter blahs. Plus, my Dad is going. And that man is awesome in Europe!



Here's more of my blindingly white leg and a closeup of the lace. I dig 'em. The green is just perfect. Unfortunately, she added a new project late to the holiday knitting game. She requested legwarmers in a reddish orange. All I could find was a orangish red. So that'll have to do.



Pattern: Hedera from knitty.com
Yarn: Sundara Sock yarn in Emerald Isle
Needles: KP dpn's in size 1

I also got a nice package in the mail today. This is one skein of STR lightweight in Chapman Springs. It's SOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous!!!!!!! The colors are rich and fantastic and amazing. And I want to cuddle it and knit it immediately. The blues! The greens! The pink!!!! I'm in LOVE. There were other skeins in the package but they are for a knitty friend in the Netherlands. It was all I could do to only add my one skein to the order. Their colors are so luscious!




I also got some Posh yarns in Ivory. This yarn is so soft. It's 30% cashmere. YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY! These will be socks for me all me.


Finally, please check out the Cutest Baby Blanket EVER!!!! Seriously!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serious envy problems here. i cant speak cohererererently. must have some STR chapman springs... LOVE IT! I've never even knit slippers, for crying out loud, but in some way I know that it is my destiny to somehow get my hands on yarn that looks pretty much exactly like THAT and figure out how to make myself some socks. I've read what people have posted about STR without really understanding what all the fuss is about. I think I'm starting to get it.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home