Sunday, October 15, 2006

We interrupt your normal sock content...

To bring you a moment of baby knitting.

In all this sock frenzy, I almost forgot I was on a deadline. My friend Cynthia's second son is due in November but she's already out on maternity leave. Luckily, she's stopping by next week to show off her older son. Of course, I've known about this impending deadline for 6 months or so. And still I'm here frantically knitting and seaming so that I can give her new baby something to wear.

Pattern: Baby Kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting and Children's Cotton Hat from LMKG
Yarn: Bernat Cotton Tots in Blueberry
Needles: Boye aluminum straights size 6
Started: October 7
Finished: October 15

I love this pattern because it knits up fast with only 2 seams. And it is so cute. The pattern for the hat calls for I-cord but I like to use ribbon. I think the two pieces look more like a set this way.

Excuse the bad photography. The camera and I are fighting and it's already dark here.

Now back to our regularly scheduled sock knitting...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

Wow - that does look like it's supposed to go together! So cute!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Suzie said...

Really cute set! Hey, I may be selling some of my Vesper...send me your email addy! purlygates AT gmail dot com

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home