Thursday, October 26, 2006

Progress

There's been knitting progress as well. I'm through the first Hedera Sock. And I'm totally loving the Sundara yarn. Emerald Isle color for my little sis in Ireland. Hopefully they'll fit her!


Here's a blurry closeup of the heel. It's the best one I've done so far. All this practice is definitely helping!


I was distracted from Socktober by the lure of harvest colors. The scarf is 4 different yarns knit together using suggestions from LMKG. It's soft and fluffy with a great drape. Best of all, it's long enough using 1 ball of Manos that I started a matching hat before adding more length. Finishing the hat is this weekend's goal. (that and cleaning my messy house!)

The yarn close up. 1 strand Manos, 1 strand Lang Venezia, 1 strand Rowan KSH, and one strand Karabella Mirage. Using 4 different yarns leads to a great depth of color and each stitch looks slightly different. I dig it.


I may have to sleep with it since it's so cuddly!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo--love your sock! And that scarf is a great idea for gift-giving-stash-using fun. Who/what is LMKG? Sorry that I'm so clueless.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love creating new "yarns" out of others - looks great!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home