Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dear Lady at the Gym,

You have no idea that you totally made my day today. I really appreciated it when you came into the gym and didn't complain about my running and watching Jeopardy habit. (The two ladies who pretend to use the elliptical machines while gossiping and complaining about their kids don't like Jeopardy.)

But where you really stole my heart was when I finished my run. You commented that I'd been running for awhile. I said, "about an hour. 5 miles." You said, "Wow!"

Seriously, you made my whole day. The whole day I spent trying to convince myself that it wasn't a big deal to skip my run. That if I ran tomorrow, not running today would be OK. But I didn't. I ran. 5 miles. And you said Wow.

You rock!

1 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

I think I should thank the lady at the gym too. Your post about her could inspire me to get back out running, I'm so on the fence whether I love it or not! Thanks for your suggestion on my sticth markers - maybe etsy:) Your comment brought me over here for some inspiration! Thanks!

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home