Thursday, August 24, 2006

Back in Business

I'm back knitting again. Every once in a while I over do it and burn out for a couple of weeks. I had a weekend of Pomatomus and cable booties which got me ahead of my Christmas knitting. But after 3 straight days of knitting, casting on a new project sounded like torture. I'm ready to start back up again. And just in time too..... I'm knee deep in baby knitting.

3 women at work are expecting and all around the same time. It's going to be an exciting month. I'm a firm believer in the baby sweater/hat combination. As of tonight, I have 2 hats and 1 1/2 sweaters done. If I have time, there will be bibs too. But I'm not promising anything.

Finally, a group of us got together and we're doing a log cabin blanket for a baby shower gift. And somehow, I got 2 of the biggest pieces. It's garter stitch because a couple of the women who are contributing are beginners. It'll be adorable. A 7" x 28" of garter stitching on size 7 needles is a little tedious. Good for TV watching; but not so good for quick results.

It's going to be so cute when it's all done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home