Sunday, July 16, 2006

Frustration

I ran another 5 miles on Saturday. And those 5 little miles sent me to bed for 3 hours after I showered. I really, really struggled through the last mile. I mean I gutted it out. When I was done, I didn't think I could walk another step. I'm really frustrated. I can run 3 or 4 with little or no pain. And I can stay awake after those distances. So what's the deal with 5? It's just one more mile. Do I not get enough sleep on Friday night? Am I dehydrated? I don't know. But I'm definitely frustrated. Especially when I'm supposed to go up to 6 next Saturday. sigh....

On the knitting front, I'm afraid I'll run out of yarn on a sock again. This time I'm using Koigu for Pomatomus from Knitty. It's turning out really nicely- soft and cuddly. And I love the color. I just turned the heel and the yarn ball is getting smaller and smaller. I guess I'll find out as I go.

If I don't make it... You guessed it.... Frustration.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this your first time uping the milage like that? Bodies really like it when we go slowly and use small increments rather than jumping up. It could also be your total weekly mileage - they really recommend not increacing more than 10% per week and incorporating rest weeks every 5 weeks or so.


That said, sometimes my body is fighting a bug and I don't know about it and so what I'd consider normal activity really beats me up. You might just need to go easy on yourself for a few days.

Poppins

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olympic level athletes struggle for months of pain and frustration just to shave seconds off their times. It is a wall that can be overcome but only with professional level training.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home