Sunday, July 30, 2006

7 miles!!!! (that's more than 1/2 way)

On Saturday I completed my 7 mile run. I ran 5. Walked 1/4. Then, I ran the last mile and 3/4. It's all about the distance, not about time and I needed a little slow down for my legs to keep going. The coolest thing that happened on Saturday is that it wasn't my breathlessness that necessitated the rest; it way my tired legs. I'm pretty sure that's never happened to me before. I ALWAYS run out of breath first. To me, that's an exciting new development. It means my cardiovascular health is improving. Now I have to get my leg muscles to follow suit. Although, in just 2-3 weeks I've come a long way. 5 miles used to really kick my butt. Now, I'm making it through 7 without being in awful pain and having to go directly to sleep after the run.

Honestly, I'm pretty proud of myself. I've stuck to my training religiously. And I never thought I'd ever run 7 miles in a row in my life. Even if someone was chasing me, I'd have given up after 3 miles for sure! I'm a shotputter, after all. I'm a clydesdale not a quarter horse. But this clydesdale is going to make it through a 13 mile race.

That's something to be pretty proud of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home