Thursday, June 01, 2006

Training begins

I've taken the leap of faith and been encouraged (dragged) by my friend Alisa to participate in the Nike Women's Half Marathon in October. Since the wedding and the school semester are over, I'm committed to training starting this week. So I'm running (jogging) after work. Luckily, I'm not too sore and I'm completing my daily goals fairly easily. I'm training according to a book called "The Non-Runner's Guide to a Marathon." I figure if I do what they ask for a marathon, I should be golden for the half. There's about 5 months to get up to 13 miles. I think it's definitely do-able. (famous last words)

The running is actually coming at a great time because we're changing over all our computer systems at work. It's been a challenge and crazy. The good news is I'm starting to see how my new position fits in and I definitely won't be bored anymore. Exercise will help a lot with the stress.

A couple of sentences about Erin and Zack's wedding. It was beautiful. She looked beautiful. And they were both clearly so happy and in love. I was honored to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home