Monday, May 08, 2006

Going to the Chapel...

Sorry I've been remiss in posting lately. Between school, work, and the wedding I haven't been on top of the blog thing.

But now I'm married. I can't believe it either. I've been with Brian for 6 years. We've been engaged for two. So it was finally time. The wedding was amazing. It was so much better than I planned. I felt happy and sad, excited and scared, so in love and so worried about the future. It was such a rich moment in my life, I'm sure I cannot accurately describe the emotions. It was the most full, deep and rich emotional experience in my life. Everyone says their wedding day is the best day of their life. And now I understand. It was such an intense moment. And I can't stop looking at my wedding ring. I feel like the last 3 days lasted a week.

My dad had a hard time walking me down the aisle. Ever since my mom's death, he gets emotional in momentous family situations. He started to cry as soon as he saw me in my dress. It touched my heart.

All day Brian was a little nervous or tense or just trying to figure out what he was going to say. At one point during dinner, he just started to cry. I asked him about it later and he said he looked up and everything was so amazing; everyone was so happy. He was overwhelmed. I've never seen him so emotionally raw. I suppose that's how I felt as well.

We were married in San Francisco on the roof of a hotel near the Ferry Building. The view was incredible. You can see from the Bay Bridge all the way to Alcatraz. And the weather gods were smiling on us. It was lovely and perfect.

I couldn't have asked for a better day. I am blessed in many ways. And now I have a new husband to build a marriage and a family with. I'm so much luckier than I deserve.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home