Saturday, May 20, 2006

Cutest little sweater

I just finished the Baby Kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting. It's the cutest little sweater I've ever seen. (Even Brian thinks it's adorable.)

Try to ignore that I haven't vacuumed in a while. I used 2 balls of Peaches and Creme in the color potpourri from Walmart. I HATE Walmart. (But that's a different post.) It's 100% cotton and completely washable. This avoids a mistake or two I made in my first attempts at baby garments. New parents don't always appreciate an alpaca baby blanket that, while beautiful, cannot be washed! However, I love that this sweater cost a total of $2.54 to make- not too shabby. Don't tell the person who gets it as a baby gift! There are about 6 pregnant women at work. One of them has to have a girl- especially since the Merv crew has had a rash of boys lately.


This picture kind of sucks but I wanted to show that I added some eyelet detail across the bottom hem. Now I just have to get a little ribbon and add the closure. I can't believe how well this turned out.

Eva seems to really like it too.


In fact, she's now laid claim to the little sweater. I hope the baby who inherits this from Eva isn't allergic to kitties!


For the sake of perspective, this is a 25 lb. cat. As I type this, she's cuddled up on the sweater.

At least I'm sure someone will love what I've knit.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Wow - that's a big cat!

Anyway, I came to check out the kimono - nice job! Gotta love Peaches 'n Creme yarn. The baby girl that gets this is one lucky kid!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Adorable.

And one of my favorite phrases is really appropriate here: Holy cats! That is one cure, and gargantuan cat.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on that! I don't have any babies to knit for...so I won't be making it anytime soon! Not a bad bargin either! Hey, your knitting time adds in too! ;)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

It's lovely and I'm sure it will be apprecaited by whoever receives it.

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home